Date and time
Thu 10th Aug 2023, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm AWST
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (North)6 Verdun St, Nedlands WA 6009, Australia
Join us for an engaging educational day designed for all nurses who care for melanoma patients.
Hosted by Melanoma Institute Australia, in collaboration with the WA Kirkbride Melanoma Advisory Service and Cancer Network Western Australia, our one-day symposium will give you practical insights from multidisciplinary experts and provide an opportunity to network with fellow nurses and learn about services in WA.
The 2023 Perth Nurse Melanoma Symposium program covers the whole spectrum of the disease including diagnosis, management and supportive care.
- Overview of melanoma: Assessment and diagnosis – Dr Helena Collgros (Dermatologist)
- The role of pathology in melanoma – Dr Nathan Harvey (Pathologist)
- Clinical trials in melanoma – Dr Lydia Warburton (Medical Oncologist)
- Role of the Cancer Nurse Coordinator – Di Grennan (Skin and Melanoma CNC)
- Psychological considerations and survivorship – Claire Finley (Clinical Psychologist) and Kelly McMaster (Duty Officer)
- WAKMAS and the role of the multidisciplinary team – Stacey Coke (CNC)
- Surgical management of melanoma – Dr Sam Cunneen (Plastic Surgeon)
- Managing lymphoedema – Erryn Siva (Senior Occupational Therapist) and Wendy Johnson (Physiotherapist)
- Medical management of melanoma – Dr Piyush Grover (Medical Oncologist)
- Systemic therapy side effects – Julie Teraci (Skin and Melanoma CNC)
(Please note this Program is subject to change)
Refreshments will be provided.
Date: Thursday 10th August. Registration opens at 8.30am with the event commencing at 9am.
Venue: Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, 6 Verdun St, Nedlands WA 6009
Cost: $45 (inc GST)
CPD: A certificate of attendance will be given to attendees
RSVP: By 3rd August 2023
Safety at our event: Please follow COVID-safe practices when attending our event and stay home if you are feeling unwell. If you can no longer attend due to COVID-19, please contact us.
MIA’s Education Program is proudly supported through unrestricted educational grants from: MSD, Bristol Myers Squibb and HEINE.