Date & Time: Dec 12, 2023 01:00 PM
Melanoma Institute Australia (MIA) invites you to join us for an engaging educational webinar designed for all Skin Cancer GPs, General GPs and Nurses who have an interest in skin cancer.
Melanoma in situ (MIS) can be challenging to differentiate from benign skin lesions, and early detection is the key to successful treatment.
Our latest webinar features multidisciplinary experts discussing:
- How to recognise clinical presentations and diagnose MIS, best practice management and when to refer (Dermatologist Dr Christoph Sinz)
- The dermatology nursing role for topical treatments for lentigo maligna (CNS Denise Wilson)
- Communicating the diagnosis to the patient and identifying when to offer support (Psychologist Claire Gore)
Q&A will be available at the conclusion of the webinar.
CPD: 1 CPD hour. A certificate of attendance will be provided. This is an RACGP-approved CPD activity under the RACGP CPD Program (Activity no. 646242).
*Program is subject to change.
- Discuss the controversies of the classification of MIS.
- Identify clinical and dermoscopic features of MIS.
- Discuss the appropriate management of MIS and when to refer to a tertiary centre.
- Describe how to effectively communicate a diagnosis of MIS to a patient.
Melanoma Institute Australia’s Education Program is proudly supported through unrestricted educational grants from Bristol Myers Squibb, MSD and HEINE.